A list of features I want to implement in Pylowiki
Create on a deleted page should set the deleted flag to false and create a new revision based on the create textarea on submit.
give the ability to sort by:
- active (sorted by edited date ascending)
- newest (sorted by page creation date ascending?)
- oldest (sorted by page creation date descending?)
- alphabet (ascending and descending)
- on tab change account to accounts or users.
We need to be able to embed flash videos much like the images declaration.
Update: We have added the youtube directive for video embedding.
Code each edit form to use ajax to send data to the webserver. The user interactions will be more smooth without page reloads.
UPDATE: We have implemented a very quick and dirty file upload attachment feature. I would like to revisit this feature to make it more robust...
The barf pyramid project has a very nice flat file and database system!
Attachments themselves should not be stored in the database, only the meta data and a pointer to a flat file system.
Applecore vaults uses oracle for meta data on models and drawings.
64 dirs with 64 dirs in each, maybe 20 or so files in each dir would grant space for 81,920 files in the wiki.
The data would be tar'd up during regular db backups. The DB would house all the meta data about the files.
vault meta table:
int id str location (/12/23/03) 12th dir, 23 dir, 03 file str file_type (pdf, csv, jpg, png, mp3) str save_name (wedding.jpg) str description int related page
Create a few canned themes so show off the design possibilities of Pylowiki.
I plan to place pylowiki into the fluid 960 css framework to motivate others as well as myself into creating custom themes/skins
Status: I created an entry point for custom CSS sheets in the base.mako custom-style.css ... Pylowiki was placed into the fluid 960 css framework! AN ENTRY POINT FOR THEMES HAS BEEN BUILT AND NOW WE HAVE 2 THEMES!
- default theme
- ChaosTheory (foxhop.net is using this one)
Create a few articles to explain how to:
Forgot password email logic...
- Create module for ldap / active directory authentication (asset management system implemented LDAP auth)
- Create module for openid authentication
- Create module for facebook auth (http://four2go.gumyum.com)
- Create module for twitter auth
- Create a way for users to link multiple auth methods to access the same pylowiki account/user